Val Irion, MD
Specializing in Sports Medicine and Total Joint Replacement
Shreveport’s own Dr. Val Irion is the latest addition to the Orthopedic Specialists of Louisiana team. In addition to specializing in arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee, he is fellowship-trained in cartilage restoration procedures. Highly skilled in both sports medicine and joint replacement, Dr. Irion provides comprehensive orthopedic care – developing a reputation as one of the area’s top surgeons in a short amount of time.
Dr. Irion returned home to Shreveport in 2013. He and his wife, Blair, are the proud parents of 3 young boys.
- Sports Medicine Fellowship, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency – University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Medical school – LSU Health Sciences, Shreveport, Louisiana
Certifications & Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine