Date Posted: 8/26/2021
Don’t get stuck in the wrong job! Are you looking for an incredible company to work for? Musculoskeletal Institute of Louisiana is seeking a dynamic Billing and Collections Specialist to help our company thrive. Do you like problem solving, working with insurance companies and pride yourself on your ability to get the job done? If so, apply for this positon and you will be taking the first step towards a brighter future.
This position reports directly to the Billing Manager and responsible for submitting claims and statements to third-party payers and guarantors. Maintains correspondence regarding billing questions and fields calls regarding billing. Works on reducing company AR within MGMA standards. Collects on insurance and patient balances. Responsible for understanding and verifying coding on all procedures within regulatory mandates. Other responsibilities as defined below.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: High school graduation or GED or one year of related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence or memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratios, rate and percent and to draw an interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skill and operational knowledge are preferred.
- Certificates and Licenses: None required. CPC or other coding certification preferred
- Personal Skills: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus. The ability to work well under pressure and an awareness and understanding of other cultures are also important.
- NextGen EMR Experience a Plus.
Benefits include Medical. Dental, Vision, 401K, Accrued sick and vacation time, Paid designated holidays and the opportunity to work with Amazing people!