Job Posted: 5/15/2020
Generates revenue by making payment arrangements, collecting accounts, monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts and assisting patients with understanding their responsibilities. Our goal is to provide compassionate care in an organized environment that allows for Musculoskeletal Institute of Louisiana to provide wellness services that advance the health and well-being of our patients and communities.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today!
Generates revenue by making payment arrangements, collecting accounts, monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
Essential Job Functions
- Audit patient balances for accuracy.
- Follow up with patients on all pre-collection/delinquent accounts to prevent account moving towards collections.
- Responsible for preparing accounts to send to collection agency.
- Respond to all incoming calls from patients and staff members regarding patient balance questions.
- Audit accounts requiring patient refunds and submitting refund requests for approval.
- Must have an understanding of Accounts Receivable, patient responsibility and Explanation of Benefits from all insurance carriers.
- Responsible for adjusting and making appropriate corrections to patients accounts.
- Must have great customer service with the ability to speak to patients directly and assist them with understanding their account and resolving delinquencies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to act with integrity in regard to all matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to read and understand insurance explanation of benefits for accurate posting to patient accounts
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision
- Ability to explain account status clearly to patients
- Ability to identify the accuracy of patient responsibility on accounts
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and attention to detail
- Capacity to work under pressure
- High School degree a or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of medical office and/or medical billing experience is required
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- NextGen Experience a Plus