Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Answer the telephone promptly and in a professional manner.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information (address, telephone number, name of insurance or self-pay status).
- Schedule appointment accurately and review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
- Inform patient of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, radiology).
- Remind patient to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
- Transfer calls to the appropriate staff member
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understand when to escalate calls to physicians/supervisor/triage nurse.
- Other duties as assigned.
– Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
– Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
– Ability to handle a “call center” environment: work quickly and multi-task.
– Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
– Ability to demonstrate good customer service.