Job Posted: 9/27/21
We are seeking a friendly, compassionate and organized Procedure Scheduler for growing healthcare team. This is a full time position Monday thru Friday. We provide competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life, PTO and 401k.
This position will be scheduling procedures and surgery for pain management physicians. Experience with surgery or outpatient procedure scheduling is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and schedule surgeries and procedures and follow-up appointments as designated by physicians according to established policies and procedures.
- Interact with patients’, physicians and other staff within the clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate, timely and responsive information.
- Coordinate processes and timing as required to meet physician and facility requirements.
- Coordinate arrangements for surgical assistants, special equipment, and surgical materials.
- Schedule diagnostic therapy and other treatments as requested.
- Obtain authorization for surgery from patient’s insurance company.
- Provide patient with generic preoperative information sheets and advise patients of preoperative surgical and financial requirements.
- Submit patient clinical and financial information to facility assuring appropriate medical records release, if needed.
- Answer and screen telephone calls in a courteous manner, and record messages for physician and other personnel.
- File records in appropriate sections of patient electronic or paper charts and keep patient charts in proper order.
- Maintain files and patient records in a confidential manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed or assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working as an authorization specialist or in a relevant role
- Friendly and compassionate disposition
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records
- NextGen experience or experience with similar EHR systems a plus