Job Posted: 4/19/22
We are seeking a friendly, compassionate and organized Procedure Scheduler for growing healthcare team. This is a full time position Monday thru Friday. We provide competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life, PTO and 401k.
The person in this position monitors incoming patient orders and gathers information needed to complete the pre-authorization and scheduling of an order. You will evaluate portions to be paid by the customer as well as perform all insurance related assignments as instructed. You must complete functions of this role in a timely and accurate manor, as a patient’s treatment and satisfaction, as well as the collection of account balances, are impacted.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all prior authorizations and/or referrals are obtained in a timely manner. Communicate diagnostic and treatment data to a patient’s insurance plan to assist the patient in obtaining maximum benefits.
- Research and apply knowledge of all insurance rules and regulations for major insurance programs in the local or regional area.
- Confidentiality of both patient and employee information, hospital and department affairs is demonstrated by no inappropriate dissemination in any format (written, oral, or electronic) that would constitute a breach of the hospital’s established confidentiality policy.
- Safety procedures are followed as verified by direct management observation and feedback received from both internal/external employees.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years of experience including Insurance and/or pre-certification or in a relevant role
- Friendly and compassionate disposition
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Medical Terminology and NextGen experience or experience with similar EHR systems a plus
Benefits include Medical. Dental, Vision, 401K, Accrued sick and vacation Time, Paid designated holidays and the opportunity to work with Amazing people!