Jeffrey Pearson, MD
Shreveport’s own, Jeffrey Pearson, MD, is definitely a hometown doc! He began practice at Orthopedic Specialists of Louisiana in 2021. Dr. Pearson completed his medical school training at LSU Health-Shreveport; his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Alabama-Birmingham; and his hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship at Southern Joint Replacement Institute in Nashville, Tennessee.
Dr. Pearson has always had an interest in medicine and orthopedics. Like so many young athletes, high school sports injuries initially introduced him to orthopedics and to medicine in general. Dr Pearson had a particular interest in orthopedics and more specifically to total joint replacement because of the immediate impact a surgery or treatment can have on someone’s life. Pearson says, “There is an instant, dramatic change in a patient’s quality of life after a joint replacement. This is a life changing event for them, and I find it very satisfying to be a part of a team that can help these patients in such a big way.”
Pearson’s patient philosophy begins by always putting the patient first. His main objective when working with his patients is to educate them and give them the knowledge. “It’s my job to educate patients on their disease process, on their options and on what to expect from a surgery should they decide to have one. Once the patient has the information, the decision is theirs. It’s my job to teach… that’s what doctor means after all.” says Pearson.
Dr. Pearson and his wife, Laura, were both born and raised in Shreveport, Louisiana and met at C.E. Byrd High School. They are the proud parents of three boys. When time allows, he enjoys spending time with his wife and boys, staying active in his church and catching an LSU football game on Saturday night. He jogs and cycles fairly frequently to stay and shape and keep up with his three sons and a growing practice.
To learn more about Dr. Pearson, please visit: jeffreypearsonmd.com
Training and Affiliations
Undergrad: Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, Louisiana
● Medical School: LSU Health- Shreveport Shreveport. Louisiana
● Residency: University of Alabama-Birmingham Birmingham, Alabama
● Fellowship: Southern Joint Institute Nashville, Tennessee
Jodie Perry, MA
Jodie has been working with Dr. Pearson since 2021.
(3) Things to Know about Dr. Pearson…
It’s my job to teach… that’s what doctor means after all.
1. He loves Shreveport and medicine. Pearson has enormous pride in being raised in Caddo Parish. He and his wife met in high school at CE Byrd and following his fellowship in Nashville, they both knew they wanted to raise their family in Shreveport. He will tell you there is nothing like Johnny;s pizza, Superior Grill or waterskiing on Lake Bistineau or the Red River.
2. He is a natural born teacher. Pearson recognizes that having a total joint replacement is a huge decision and he sets his main objective on educating his patients to give them knowledge and options. He encourages patients to do their research and he makes every effort to be able to answer their questions and help them determine the best course of treatment based on their lifestyle.
3. He’s got an amazing bedside manner. Pearson is the epitome of the “gentleman doctor.” He does not cross a path with another without a kind nod and a courteous “Hello, how are you?” He treats patients for life telling them “ If I treat you today… I promise I’ll treat you tomorrow…”
Pearson’s Approach to Care
My philosophy is to put the patient first. Take care of them. My main objective when I meet with patients is to educate them, to give them knowledge. Total joint replacement is a huge decision that patients are becoming more selective about… It’s my job to educate patients on their disease process , on their options and what they can expect from the surgery should they choose to have surgery. Once the patient has the information, the decision is theirs.
In the news…
There’s a New Doc Back in Town
Born and raised in Shreveport, Dr. Pearson is excited to come home to the Ark-La-Tex to begin practice at Orthopedic Specialists of Louisiana. Dr. Pearson completed his medical school training at LSUHS-Shreveport; his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of...